Also see related page: Historical Restoration
You’ve come to the right place for your brick, stone, and masonry restoration needs. We’ve got a number of great solutions for you. Whether it be a simple brightening, or paint removal we’ve got the tools to fix you up. Choosing the right tool for the job depends on few simple parameters unique to your situation. Answers to all these questions are needed in order to determine which media we decide to use. To effectively achieve the best results while preserving the integrity of the stone or brick, and while all while not affecting surrounding properties please find answers to the following questions…
- how old is your brick? (older brick can be quite soft)
- is the face of your brick flat or textured?
- how stable are your mortar joints?
- do you need paint removed? Are any of the paint layers lead based?
- how close are your neighbours?
- One-pass cleaning, saves time and labour
- Minimal residue cleanup as dry ice sublimates back into gas
- No HAZMAT disposal costs for used cleaning media (dry ice)
- Minimal water usage keeps your job site clean (vapour blasting)
- No damage to brick and mortar from excessive pressures normally caused by power washing
LEAD BASED PAINT REMOVAL
If your building is more than 40 years old then you may be dealing with a lead based paint issue. In which case, thorough containment regulations must be complied with in order to begin your project. The cheapest route, and is where you may want to start, is to buy a cheap home testing kit . Or get an environmental testing frim to test the paint for you. The later option will certainly achieve to utmost liability protection for you.